SMC: Ultra-Compact Electric Linear Guide Actuator
The electric actuator market offers many solutions for large or heavy loads. But what if you need something for very light loads? Or perhaps you have tight space restrictions? SMC’s LAT3 integrates a magnetic linear motor, a recirculating ball guide, and a high resolution position sensor in a package the size of a business card! The slim 9mm profile can fit into a tight installation envelope.
- Quickly set up to 15 positioning commands with intuitive software
- Optical linear encoder with 1.25 μm resolution suitable for automatic gaging
- Positioning accuracy as fine as ±5 μm
- Capable of carrying a 500g mass and moment loading
- Maximum thrust of 6N
- Complete package includes actuator, 24VDC controller, and cables, plus software kit with site license